Friday, February 22, 2013

Rodney's 2012 Oscar Wishlist (Part III) -The Tech. & Other Miscellaneous Categories


     It was recently mentioned to me by a blog-reader that last year's Oscar Wishlist, although it included all of the major categories, was not comprehensive in that it left out my picks for the technical awards and a few of the miscellaneous categories. So this year I will make my list exhaustive and give my choices for the winners (commentary-free and sans a full nominee list) in ALL categories. And so I give you all my picks (not influenced by and untethered from the constraints of any of the actual nominees) before I post my full nominee wishlists in the writing, music, acting, directing, and finally the Best Picture categories!:

VISUAL EFFECTS: Life of Pi

SOUND MIXING: Les Miserables

SOUND EDITING: Zero Dark Thirty

MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING: Cloud Atlas

PRODUCTION DESIGN: Anna Karenina

FOREIGN-LANGUAGE FILM: Amour

FILM EDITING: Argo

COSTUME DESIGN: Anna Karenina

CINEMATOGRAPHY: Anna Karenina

DOCUMENTARY SHORT-SUBJECT: I've seen no documentary shorts all year.

DOCUMENTARY: I've seen no documentaries all year.

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM: Wreck-It Ralph (This and The Lorax were the only animated films I saw all year.)

Check back soon for more of my 2012 Oscar Wishlist!

No comments:

Post a Comment